Sunday, July 03, 2005

WHEE!

Well I am back from my brief sojourn to NYC. We stayed at the W Tuscany the star of the W line were assured. The room was great although just 2 doors down from the W Court. The two buildings were separated by the Rwanda Embassy... a sad and quiet little building. Unfortunately, only the Court has a kitchen so all the room service has to be transferred from one building to the other via the sidewalk. Its very funny to watch but when it is miserably humid (which it was when we were there) you have to feel sorry for the room service guys!

As predicted, I walked around Manhattan alone. Hubby got sucked into work stuff as usual. I took a lovely walk from Murray Hill to the Flat Iron District. My destination was ABC Carpet & Home where I had a grand time looking at fabric and furniture trying to figure out what I would like to do when we finally get our rehab done. Before I headed back to the hotel I stopped in at Pipa where I indulged in a couple of Cava Sangrias and about a gallon of ice water. On the walk home, the hot weather finally broke and I walked 20 blocks in a downpour. I arrived back at the hotel refreshed but looking something like a drowned rat.

We had a couple of amazing meals when were in Manhattan... a Japanese restaurant called Shaburi which specialized in Shabu Shabu but where we had Sukiyaki that was fun and interactive. We also had a fine meal at Stella del Mare, which was a beautiful room and a delicious meal.

But like all good things... it came to an end and now I am back in my regular world, dealing with my regular problems... C'est ma vie!

No comments: