Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!




BACK TO SCHOOL! Whoo Hoo!

Ok... I had to deal with the delayed trip home. Followed by the trip to the uniform store run by tyranical old ladies bent on world domination created one plaid skirt at a time. Take a number, wait an hour. Measure my kid... bring me a uniform that doesn't fit. Jigger with sizes until we reach something we can all live with. Place order. Wait. Find out whether or not items are available or original ill-fitting size will be required after all. Get items placed in basket BEHIND the counter. Wait. Check out. I made hubby come with me. It seemed only fair. It was his fault that I was doing it with the room packed in the first place.

Then the next day was worse though and he was conveniently back in the office. I had haircuts, last minute school supplies, shoes and sneakers, lunch boxes, making dental appts., private tae kwon do lesson, extra tae kwon do lesson, dinner, baths, bed. Blech.

The the half day! There was coffee and donuts for the grownups, kids all looking their best and excited to see their friends, but alas it was too short. Only half of a day.

But today?! WHEE!

A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL!

No comments: