Friday, November 11, 2005

Perspective Regained

Now that I have had a couple of days, I think that I have regained some of my perspective or at least some of my sense of humor when it comes to les filles.

Yes, they are slobs and sometimes they are smart-mouthed and disobedient. But sometimes they are sweet to each other and to me.

Things have been particularly tense around our house lately. Hubby is in the process of selling his company. The deal was supposed to be finalized October 1st. Well, here it is November 11th and it still isn't done. Hubby is losing it. I am losing it. Naturally the kids are picking up on the tension too. Even though the deal still isn't quite finished, he has to fly to a meeting with the new company on Sunday. Supposedly everything will be finalized Monday morning. But obviously this isn't helping the situation around here.

Just for fun, we have added to our own tension. We are getting ready to begin a major renovation on the vieux maison. And by major, I mean that pretty much the first and second floors will be gutted and the ceiling raised in the basement to get some real living space here. Yes, it is extremely bad timing. But we really need to get this stuff done. We need more than one bathroom with girls about to be teenagers in the house. Blech.

I appreciate all the supportive comments that I got from my Mommy friends and from my friend, Jim. Although, I would like to point out to him, that while he is correct that it has been amazing cool to bring life into this world, everyone once in a while I still wish I had the Pratesi sheets and the hot guy. I think you can all understand what I mean! ;~)

No comments: