Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Night

When did my weekends get to be so hellish? My filles now have so many activities on the weekends that Fun Daddy and I are always running hither and yon.

We did manage to sit down and watch the Oscars together... well, once we got back from the 7:00pm volleyball match (lost again!)

Over dinner (chicken parmasaen and spaghetti and a really nice salad if I do say so myself) we filled out our official Oscar ballots that Fun Daddy printed out for ourselves. The grownups went by things that we heard or read... since frankly we saw precious few of the nominated movies... they aren't on cable yet after all. The kids just picked randomly.

After the match we sat down to the serious business of making fun of bad, clothes, hair and accessories. Oh and catch up on the awards that we missed.

When all was said and done, I was the best guesser in the house. Among the chicklette set, Imelda was the clear winner, much to the Angel's chagrin. I am bummed that the awards are all over... maybe the Video Music awards or something is left... those just aren't as much fun. Sigh.

No comments: