Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Pyramid Scheme

ok... this is a bit old too, but I can't help myself... I have yet another school project due this week... (Thank god, I have an MA... the workI h in grammar school is killing me)

But I forgot these pix... from when Imelda did her report on Egypt...

All she wanted was a solid pyramid. Of course, Fun Daddy was all over helping with this. Now in all fairness, he did take both filles to the Michaels on a Saturday afternoon... still,

When push comes to shove she is allowed to go to a birthday birthday party. Fun Daddy says that he will take care of the basic pyramid construction... the following day was MLK day so she could use that time to finish the worst of the issues... since of course, the project was due that Friday she had plenty of time, right?

Well, Fun Daddy was not the structural engineer that he imagined himself... in fact, when push comes to shove he had no CLUE how to build this thing. So who did he call over to help?

Yes, Mrs. "I don't want to do my child's project". Now I am screwed. Yes, most of these images are crap that I created while building this thing.

How much work did this take.

Well, ultimately I carved through about $75.00 of styrofoam. STYROFOAM.. That crap is cheap!

BUT NOT EASY TO HACK THROUGH!

What did Imelda say when she saw my brilliant construction? Oh and first let me point out, that I did manage to make a solid pyramid.. it took more work than you can say...

but she was not happy.

See, she wanted to have a cut-away in the pyramid.

One that revealed the hidden burial chambers.

So what did I do on MLK day? Yes. I figured out how to cut away a slice of the pyramid and then I did, indeed carve out the burial chamber. Was it capable of containing the treasure chest that was intended for this project?

FUCK NO!

So instead it was placed outside the pyramid.. apparently in the plain of Giza next to Tutankhamun's tomb... Even though he was buried in the Valley of the Kings... (Thank god, I know nothing about Egyptology... I might have been able to help!)

Was she happy that I dug the chamber out? Very...

Did it takes as much time and mess as the original construction, um, NO.

But it is graded and over..

Screw it..

Oh and Fun Daddy and I?

Well after about an hour and a half of fighing... we began to laugh our asses off.. At some point I was making noises that only poor Cinnamon could hear and the Angel (who was home) begged us to stop.

No comments: