Saturday, March 29, 2008

Did you survive?

Clearly, Earth Hour was no big deal to the poochie. In fact, she only was disturbed by les filles rushing to turn on the lights.

In all fairness, the girls did enjoy themselves and I did get to explain the amusements of olden times which included poetry recitation, mathematics mnemonics and bible reading.

how did I show the girls how lucky they are to be living in modern times? I recited Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (Damn you, Mrs. Ginsberg!) and was talked down from reciting the first 20 lines of the prologue of the Canterbury Tales in the original middle English...(Screw you, Mr. Bernini!) although in all fairness, I did get to explain what the Canterbury Tales were, why pilgrims were going to Canterbury and to explain that some of the tales are absolutely filthy (hopefully, encouraging an interest in literature in the future) ;-)

Yeah, they couldn't wait to get the fuck away from me.

No comments: