Monday, August 15, 2005

She Spit Out Dinner

Oh, ok... I have issues with my mother-in-law. This is hardly a unique situation.

However, this is CRAZED.

My mother-in-law eats less than a finicky toddler with the stomach flu. She subsists on nicotine and tumblers full of diet coke and vodka that look like a glass of iced tea. But she tends to eat, however miniscule amounts, of her own cooking. This cooking is hardly interesting or particularly healthy. Although it is invariably fat free (since that is healthier) it is FULL of sodium. Not because she adds salt... no, they use Salt Sense, but rather because everything that they eat is processed within an inch of its life. That being said, my situation du jour.

I was allowed to fix dinner this evening. Hubby had a bought too much filet tips for last weeks bbq. He wanted to use them up tonight and asked me to make stroganof. This I did for him. We sat down to dinner with the entire family... My father-in-law ate up as did the kids and hubby. My mother-in-law, as is her norm, at a spoon of noodles and a spoon of stoganoff.

Or did she?

When it was time to clean up, the kids went about their business cleaning up the table. When Sophiebear took her grandmother's plate she turn to dear Nana and asked, "What's in the napkin, Nana?" "Oh, just garbage, honey" she was told and hastened to toss out the trash.

Garbage my fat ass! That bitch spit out my dinner into a napkin! Honestly, how insulting! And then to top it off, she made comments the rest of the evening about how good the dinner was!

I suppose I shouldn't care. The kids ate fine and have never seemed to notice that she doesn't eat. But still I eat all the boring crap she puts in front of us each and every day. No matter how boring or non-nutritive it may be. It's just a question of consideration. I have been dealing with this crap 21 years.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Oooh, that's awful. I'd shove.it.down.her.ever.lovin.throat!

But then again, I we don't even speak to my mother-in-law. The universe is better off that way.