Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend Fun

This weekend, my grandmere turned 98.

I went to Virginia Beach to visit Nanny who is staying with my Aunt Rosie and my cousins Janet, Ann and Buddy
Mom and my Aunt Pat who came in from Lockport, our home town, stayed with Nanny and Aunt Rosie. I got to stay with my cousin Buddy near the beach. I guess there were moments of tension at the big house, but for me... it was paradise.

I slept blissfully enjoying the sea breezes and the tang of the ocean. Every morning, I slept in and enjoyed every bloody moment.

We had a lovely dinner for Nanny. My cousin Elaine came in from Raleigh and then we finished, we all went to mass. My cousin, Ann arranged to have the priest give Nanny a special blessing then presented her to the congregation.

It was really nice. We have begun to start planning for her 100th. I think every one else should join us too, don't you?

No comments: