Thursday, December 22, 2005

Cheese

Sure, I have mice and sure, I want to be rid of them.

So I guess it makes no sense that I went cheese shopping.

When Maman makes a dinner... she does it up right (although she is weird enough to talk about herself in the third person, so it may be difficult to believe). This requires a cheese course. So off Hubby and I went to my favorite cheese shop, The Cheese Stands Alone. Our selections included a stinky and runny Epoisses and a yummy looking goat cheese with shaved truffles from France (mais, oui!) , a Cashel Blue from Ireland and an absolutely delicious Lemon Stilton (no blue.... just candied lemon peel) from England. I also managed to score some picholine olives, cornichons (which Imelda will finish off in about 30 seconds) and some Maldon salt (thank you, Nigella!)

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Oh, Maman! I wish I had been at the cheese course! Lemon Stilton?! I've never had it, but it sounds so wonderful! (Love the blue.)