Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Cooking

I have been cooking all day...

Quel surprise, n'est ce pas?

Well no. But it has been a busy day.

Tomorrow's menu is as follows:

For the cocktail hour
Moroccan meatballs
Citrus cured salmon
Salami and marinated bocconcini; and
my special hors d'oeuvre of goat cheese and shitake mushrooms in teriyaki

For the actual dinner
Composed salad of field greens, avocado, pomegranate and clementine sections with a sherry cumin vinegrette.
Boneless rib roast
Horseradish mustard sauce
Sauce Espangole
Asparagus wrapped in bacon
Mashed potatoes with spring onions

I would like to say that I could take credit for the dessert but my friend Charles who is an incredible chef will be doing that... But there will also be cheese... that should be a tasty addition.... oh, and I made some fudge today.

Why? Cuz I'm nuts.

Hopefully everyone will eat, drink and be merry...

But I suspect there will be some arguing, drunkenness and discontent.

Wish me luck!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

3 comments:

Maman said...

Excuse me?! But I believe I did invite you! And then you mocked me for trying to encourage you not to go home and see the 'rents! One week in Lockport must have screwed up your short-term memory. Hope you had fun though! Kisses! G

Poppy said...

Oh, my. That is a fancy Christmas dinner!! We had stuffed pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and garlic green beans at my uncle's house, num!

Maman said...

Yummy, Poppy!