Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thirteen Things about Maman

1. This is the first time that I have participated in the Thursday Thirteens. Hopefully, I can a. remember to do this ever Thursday and b. think of things to say.

2. I have so much freaking work to do that I can't stand it.

3. Ma famille is getting ready to decamp from our abode so that we can have some major construction done.

4. Because of number 3, I need to pack my china and crystal (don't I sound fancy....it only took me 16 years of marriage to accumulate these things...) and I am TERRIFIED to do it. I am paranoid that I will destroy the whole pile of them.

5. And if I don't destroy them, the filles will....

6. The last six months have been chaotic with hubby selling his company and working on house plans. We are hoping to normalize (more or less) in the near future.

7. To us, normal means that hubby travels randomly during the week and filles drive me crazy until I crack down.

8. It is virtually impossible to crack down with hubby at home... he is too soft hearted.

9. He is out of town now until the end of the week and the beginning of next week.... Let the games begin!!

10. I have already laid the ground work for the crack down.... I pointed out to the filles that they are stuck with me and should remember that... since good behavior and privileges are closely linked.

11. I also need to figure out how to remove the leaves from the dining room table alone... Hubby likes it extra long, but I need the space for other things.

12. I think that this is sounding too much like a to do list... Why is my brain obsessed with this today? I wish I knew.

13. I think that I am obsessing with my to do list so I don't have to think about my up and coming 40th birthday... Blech. Who wants to do that. But birthday season is upon my as my college friend Noranne takes the plunge tomorrow. Is Friday the 13th a good day to turn 40? Better than my day... Superbowl Sunday. Maybe I can weep during the half-time show.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Sleeping Mommy 2. The Idle Receptionist

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: