Thursday, March 30, 2006

Not Imelda too!

Please tell me that this is not the beginning of Imelda's descent into puberty hell...

She crawled into my bed like a little girl, whining about a bad dream... I did my usually got her to crawl into bed with me and cuddled. Awwww, isn't that cute? Sure it was, until the alarm rang. Then all heck broke loose.

Now, the complaint was that she wasn't feeling well. OOOOKKKK.

But the rule of thumb is that we get moving and dressed and eat breakfast before Maman (moi) makes the final ruling. Now began the upstairs/downstairs insanity. Where is my uniform (whereever you dropped it)? Where is my sweatshirt (ditto)? I can't go to school (get moving!)!

Add to the mix the Angel's complaint that there was nothing edible in the house. (cereal, juice, milk, bread, peanut butter and cream cheese apparently don't count) She is going to make me a list that includes the following edible items:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch(possible)
Toaster Strudels (less likely)
Cheesy Popcorn (yeah, like I want to wash that out of the uniform)
Sushi (hmmmm tasty... but for breakfast?)
Chinese (what? checkers?)
Pantene (yummy)

Now Imelda asks for a note for her teacher telling her that I will pick her up if she tells the teacher she is unwell... Apparently she wants a get out of jail free card. Why? Well as she breaks down into tears that becomes apparent... she doesn't want to do math problems on the board. AHHHHHH... I SEE! Well tell your teacher if you are sick... and we will follow the regular scenario...

NNNNOOOO!

She needed the note. So I wrote one:

Dear Mrs. S:

Imelda claims to be ill this morning. If she seems genuinely sick, please let her call home and I will pick her up. Thank you! Maman
I then hear this in the background... "CLAIMS! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CLAIMS?!" and "WHAT DOES 'GENUINELY' MEAN?!"

In my most rational voice, I explained that girls that are malade do not scream. They sit quietly in a chair and moan...

Cripes... How stupid do I look?

I can't handle another one in puberty...

What do you all think is my best option? Vodka or Prozac?

2 comments:

sherrypg said...

Vodka for you. Prozac for her.

Willow said...

For you - vodka. For her - Prozac.

Lord help me.