Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Two steps forward

And one step back... that seems to be the way I live my life these days.

Over the weekend we had fun with the kids. Imelda never gets to have a birthday party with her friends because everyone is always out of town.. so we decided to do it early this year. We packed up Imelda and her friends Elise and Kiva as well as the Angel and her friend Drina. Other than the typical kiddie shenanigans related to bedtime.. the filles were very sweet.


We started to see the cracks in the Angels behavior yesterday though.. Fun Daddy and I took Imelda to the movies to see Over the Hedge. The Angel and her friends, Drina and Frieda went to see The Breakup (which would have been my preference truthfully) When the Angel's movie finished she was in our theater trying to get money to play video games... That seems reasonable almost if I hadn't paid the admission for her friends and given her cash for snacks...

Today all seemed better again... we ran over to Jewel to pick up some stuff. While there, I offered to take my girls to Taco Bell... the Angel's favorite. Whee! Only when we got to the check out line she started begging me... and begging and begging... and when I said no the final time I got one of my favorite responses, I hate you.

Bite ME!

I snapped. No taco bell for them. We have food at home. Only now? She isn't going to eat. Anything. The rest of the day.

Why me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D glad my groovy girls doesn't know the word hate, yet :D

hope it'll be a long long long time until she can say that to me...

;D especially if it's said out of taco bell ;D

Unknown said...

dude. i feel your pain.

k'zilla told me to "SHUT UP!" today.

yeah. she's three. i'll be lucky if i make it to her fifth birthday.

Me said...

My son does the same exact thing to me!! And the begging, ughhhhh!! Does it ever end??

Poppy said...

Why do we have to live through this stage only to repeat it with our children? I think I'm getting one of those Adam Sandler remotes so I can FF through the ridiculous bits.