Sunday, July 02, 2006

Crikey

So what else did I manage to do this week?

Not a bloody flipping thing related to cleaning. Fun Daddy and I ate out all week so I didn't have to do a lot of dishes. There was no laundry to do since I had all the clothes that we needed.

I DID find a place for us to live when we are rehabbing the house.

I did buy us a new mop and dust pan. Can anyone explain to my why dustpans tend to disappear in my house? Are they being dragged off by the dustbunnies and sacrificed to their god of dirt? I don't know, but I do know that I have bought about 4 of them in the last 2 years.

I also bought the kids clothes to wear to Mrs. Takamoto's funeral...since they grow like weeds they have nothing to wear that would be semi-appropriate. I picked out a couple of outfits there are sure to piss someone off... I am guessing the Angel. (which turned out to be true). But given that someone would be angry I say, eh.

Mostly we ate at places in the neighborhood. But Thursday night we did go downtown for a lovely meal at David Burke Primehouse. The wine flowed, conversation with friends was delightful dinner was tasty. And for some reason, by the end of the evening we went from having a party of 4 to a party of 7 and had closed the place.

What to do now? Oh I think an evening at the J-Bar at the James Hotel. They have very tasty mojitos. My one complaint? They top the drinks with a frothy mixture of minty and simple syrup that gets creamy. Why? I don't know. It just seemed weird. Maybe a sliver of sugar cane would have been more interesting. It is just me. What I do know is that we closed the J-Bar.

When we got up on Friday, Fun Daddy asked me what time it was when we got home... I had actually glanced at the clock before collapsing into bed... 3am. Can you believe it? Yikes. I haven't done that in an age.

We slept in late and then made our way to Michigan so we could be early to pick up the girlies from camp.

Ooops... more to come...

No comments: