Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A letter to my neighbor's realtor

Dear ReMax Agent,

I am the neighbor to the east of the above mentioned address. I am writing to inform you that I believe that the Schmitt's have failed to disclose the possibility of water damage on their property. This water damage will come from storm water runoff from my house.

The Schmitt's, in their infinite wisdom, have prevented us from installing gutters and downspouts on the west side of our home. We have pointed out that rainwater will pour off our roof faster than a regular roof as we have installed a standing seam metal roof. They appear not to be concerned.

We feel it is an absolute necessity that potential buyer of the house realize the potential for damage. Additionally, I would like to point out that we will not wait until the Schmitt's move to install the gutters. If the gutters are not installed before we finish the reconstruction of our home, we will NOT be paying a premium for them to be installed after the Schmitts move. This information should be disclosed to potential buyers as well.

Thank you for your time. I have every faith that you will do your duty to disclose these issues to potential buys of the property at 4923 W.

1 comment:

Willow said...

You rock, Gretchen. (I hope they answer back!)