Monday, February 05, 2007

What I hate about the Superbowl

I know it is petty...

But the number of the Superbowl is always my age for that year.

In the old days it wasn't a big deal, since the big game was before my birthday..

Last year, it WAS my birthday and my fortieth at that (to add insult to injury)

This year, we just had the celebration for my birthday as part of the Superbowl festivities. Including the flaming cake.

Flaming Cake you say? How did that happen?

Well, when you take candles and form them into a 41 on the top of the cake the flames tend to mix together making on gigantic conflagration... between laughs everyone told me I better get to the table quick while there was still any cake un-toasted. I wisely pulled my hair back and blew out the candles... which I did manage to do with one breath....

I guess it helps to be full of hot air!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to add insult to injury, the ads weren't even good this year.

:(

Happy Birthday anyway babe!

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday!

no picture of the flaming cake!!!???

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! Happy 41st old lady!!