Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Viva Boobs!

Yes, Fun Daddy and I are off to the land of spangled boobs...

and better yet?

Mine will be intact. I had a bit of a scare after my first mammogram a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, they waited a week and a half to tell me there might be a problem. Then they did tell me that there were multiple masses in questions... but all was resolved today.

Now you must be thinking, "Wow! That sounds like a fun weekend of waiting!" And you would be right. Turning 41. Enjoying my gateau du feu. (Sorry, I was in such a putrid mood that I took no pictures of this event)... but today? I got the followup.

This time instead of the squishy mammogram, I got the slippery ultrasound (hey, at least they heat the gel) and it turns out that I am just lumpy. All right.... get it out of your system... Yes, I said I am lumpy. Now get over it. This was serious business. It turns out that I had a fibroadenoma. Which is completely benign albeit lumpy enough to turn up on a damn mammogram and scare the crap out of me.

Turns out that I had one of these things years ago... now I have two more. Apparently they enjoy being multiple and bilateral... gee, that almost sounds dirty. Luckily they tend to be stable and definite in their borders, which makes them pretty easy to track... and track them I will...

I go back in six months.. if they are the same in another six months... and following another good report I get checked yearly... Oh, and I am guessing that I get to have the kinder and more gentle ultrasounds... YEAH!

So bring on the show girls! I am off to Vegas, baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Play some poker for me!

Anonymous said...

If you are going to Vegas, go to Tickets Tickets next to the Coca Cola Store and buy tickets (half price!) and go see Rita Ruder- take you camera because she will meet and greet with you and sign her book. Her show is awesome as well. Afterwards, stop in the piano lounge at Harrah's and say hello to Kim for me. She and her twin sister do an excellent dueling piano show. Have fun collecting the stripper cards from all the minorities passing them out to you as you walk around! Collect the whole series and win free prizes!