Monday, April 16, 2007

More Reasons to Love Mayor Daley

Chicago was celebrating today. Why? Because we are closer to being able to host the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Of course, the news of the day got in the way...

So before he started his prepared remarks... The Mayor made the following statement:

"Today before we begin the ceremonies, I'd like to have a moment of silence.

Unfortunately in this country, at Virginia Tech, there were over 21 students gunned down this morning.

And you know my position about gun violence and too many guns in our society. And I don't care what people think, to the left or to the right, there are too many guns in our society. Too many children have lost their lives in this great country.


"I would like to have a moment of silence for those students who lost their lives and their families. Amen."



It just reminds me why I love Chicago and Mayor Daley...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!