Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Here Ye, Here Ye!

In the spirit of the New Year, I have made a proclamation here at Chez Maman....

Les filles and Fun Daddy waited with baited breath... like the words falling from my lips would symbolize the start of the New Year.... Oh, hell, I got them to close the laptop and turn off the television... that is as close as it gets!

The Proclamation went as follows:

Where as I, Maman have devoted the past decade or so of my life to the care and upkeep of the family; and

Whereas, I, Maman do not ask that I receive a salary for my efforts; and

Whereas, Real Human Beings are allowed to own possessions; and

Whereas, Real Human Beings are allowed to have feelings just like everybody else,

NOW

Therefore be it resolved that:

Maman be recognized as a real human being with all the attendants of property ownership and actual feelings that can be hurt....

Thank you.

Will the girls get the hint and move their crap out of my bathroom? Time will tell...

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Show this to the girls:

GIRLS, MOVE YOUR EFFING CRAP OUT OF THE BATHROOM! YOUR MOM IS NOT A DOORMAT! <3 Poppy

Anonymous said...

Aw :( Kids don't take hints very well. I didn't -- I suddenly feel like calling my mom to apologize for the brat that I was!