Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mom's Friend

My Mom lost her oldest friend this week.

Her mole.

It has been with her on the right side of her nose since as long as I can remember. In fact, It has been in every picture that I have ever seen of her.

Her doctor, after many years had decided that it was time to get rid of it. So this week it was removed. Nothing left of it but some stitches and eventually a small scar.

How weird that something so tied to your view of a person could disappear overnight.


1 comment:

Willow said...

I have one over my left eye. I keep saying I'm going to have it removed, but it's weird. I can't help but think, "How will I look without it? Will I still look like me?"

It started out flat, has grown over the years, and I could probably get it removed under insurance if I said it blocked or distracted my vision. (It doesn't much.) And I'm a wimp and afraid to have it done.

Weird how our perception is, eh?