Monday, August 11, 2008

Stop me from thinking

Ok... I am watching synchronized diving... and most of the pairs include one contestant who is 18 or so... and another that is 14. Is it just me, or does this look like some weird NAMBLA event. Keeping in mind that I haven't seen the women's version... but I doubt it will look as weird as this.

Now the first picture is of 26 yr. old Blake Aldridge who is "partnered" with 14 year old Tom Daley.

Now in all fairness, this pair seems the only mixed age group...

But the rest of them seen similar in appearance though they might be of a similar age. One is more burly... the other more slight.

Is this done on purpose? Can someone explain this sport to me?








1 comment:

Sizzle said...

I'm still trying to remember if I've seen synchronized diving before. It's kind of a weird thing, don't you think?