Monday, October 06, 2008

Energy Crisis

Hell and damnation, but that title covers any number of concepts running through my mind at the moment.

Firstly, I am really, really tired. Fun Daddy went out of town which threw off my normal sleep schedule a I was actually enjoying watching what I liked on the teevee in my bedroom... which meant that I accidently stayed up to 3am watching an assortment of HBO and Showtime hits including: Dexter, True Blood, Bill Maher, and Chris Rock. It was lots of fun but 3.5 hours of sleep is not sufficient for a Maman

Secondly, I am really creatively pooped having made about a dozen videos from Champagne Rory's trip to Walla Walla. Where are these? I know you were asking... so I will tell you... They are over at VinoVerve. Or at the YouTube if you really, really want to learn more about compost.

Thirdly, I had the misfortune of going downstairs into the lair of the filles to retreive sanitary products that were purchased for me and then absconded by Lillith even though they are not of her liking and yet she would not return them to their rightful owner..Even if that owner F-ing needs them and asked nicely. So it was during my sojourn to the bottom of the earth that I discovered why my electric bill has tripled in the last year. You see, ever single solitary light was turned on and abandonned. The computers were on. The teevee was on. The bathroom light and the exhaust fan were on. The flat iron was plugged in and on. Imelda's bedroom light was on. Lillith's bedroom light was on as was the light in her closet. oh. and the fan was on in the front room because Lillith has decided to abandon her bedroom to sleep on the futon in the living room while watching teevee all flipping night on. And her cell phone charger was plugged in.

FUCK!

So now I am trying to figure out a way to explain that we as a nation may be undergoing a financial crisis the likes of which has not been seen since their Great Grandmother was a young woman and hadn't started to store twine and wrapping paper for a rainy day. And that one way or another we may personally be effected by this new Great! Depression. Now, how exactly do I accomplish this without scaring the living bejeezus out of them but still getting them to stop assuming that I am performing "nukular" fission in the backyard...

And that is in a nutshell, my energy crisis.

The end.

No comments: