Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Today is her birthday!


Yes...

Nanny is 101 today.

and Yes.... that is from her 100th birthday....

She looks the same.

The silly part is that we are finally hearing from my cousin, John (Bud) that Nanny is starting to slow down....

I talked to her tonight and she was irritated that it was hot and rainy today. It makes her bones hurt. She also misses home. So she has started to get our hometown paper, The Union Sun & Journal. So now she knows when someone she knows dies. That is so Nanny.

Oh, and Nanny said that she was watching Mother Angelica on the EWTN. She saw a group of nuns that teach only at the elementary school level...and wear all white long habits. When she saw them, she thought of Imelda. Surprisingly enough, Fun Daddy and I have had our own conversations about Imelda becoming a nun. Why? I don't know. It just pops into our head.... we have all decided to keep it to ourselves... we don't want to spoil the surprise!

Oh and speaking of surprises, Lillith revealed on today. She chose her confirmation name... and it is the same as Nanny's middle name. Since she already has Nanny's "legal" first name, I thought this was very special. Better yet, despite the initial, "I get to choose for myself, right?" question as if I was forcing her somehow... Lillith did indeed select that name herself. I will give you a hint as to the name she selected... it is a floral name. And yes. I think you have a couple of options to guess...

She also selected Aunt Maggie as her confirmation sponsor. Nanny was surprised by that too. She thought that Maggie was Jewish.. don't worry Maggie... Nanny thinks that everyone outside the family is Jewish. Fun Daddy included. So you are in really good company.

But it is no surprise that Nanny is having a great day and is planning on having an even better weekend when Mom and Dad, and Aunt Pat and Uncle Tom arrive over the weekend. I wish I could be there this year, but I am keeping these girls on their paths.... and taking kids to Student Council retreats and hosting the Mother's Club meeting... yeah. that is how we roll...

Happy birthday, Nanny! We love you!

See you soon!

Love, Me.

No comments: