Thursday, August 14, 2008

Women's Gymnastics, My Arse!

Anna Pavlova, Oksana Chusovitina and Deng Linin
Doha Gymnastics World Cup March 5, 2008
Reuters Pictures
Via Daylife


I don't know we pretend that there is a sport called "Women's" Gymnastics since most of the participants are really just girls.

The Chinese team, in particular seems very young. I swear some of those girls still haven't lost their baby teeth.

On the other hand, Germany (why do I still want to call them West Germany?) has an actual woman on their team, Oksana Chusovitina is 33 years old and will be competing for an individual medal in the vault.

Why does she keep punishing her body? To help save her son who was diagnosed with leukemia and couldn't get the treatment that he needed in their home of Uzbekistan.

Now there is a woman!

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Yes, I'd much rather see women stretching their limbs than girls.